“The px group provide a depth of knowledge and credibility to add real value to any engineering related assignment or project based upon practical experience.”
engineering & consultancy
PX Engineering Consultants Ltd (PXECL) was formed from the integration of its engineering division (Simpson Coulson Limited, acquired in 2011) and its optimisation division (px solutions, established in 2006) to create a multi-disciplined engineering and consultancy division with extraordinary depth, experience and capability. The engineering division covers all aspects of project development, from conception through engineering to procurement, construction, commissioning and optimisation.
The engineering and consultancy division boasts experience in the oil & gas, power, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, water, waste water, waste management, fuel storage, biofuels and renewable energy industries.
Over the years the team has acquired an excellent reputation by working closely with clients, listening to their project objectives and understanding their project execution strategy.
The team has a track record of delivering an integrated range of services to a diverse client base. By combining technical excellence, a sound understanding of clients' regulatory requirements and a reliable project management system, the team has delivered safe, compliant and reliable capital projects and services to many clients.
Through continual investment in training and design technologies, including the latest engineering software and IT solutions, the engineering and consultancy division continues to improve and expand services to clients offering flexible, responsive, pro-active solutions to demanding engineering challenges.
Working closely together with the px operations and maintenance division and 24/7 energy trading division, the px group provides a comprehensive range of integrated professional services to industrial and commercial customers on both a global as well as at a local level.
services offered include:
plant development and optimisation
The engineering and consultancy division has significant experience and expertise in the development optimisation of energy and process related assets.
The following examples demonstrate the division's capabilities and experience:
- 1020 MW natural gas combined heat and power scheme - Teesside UK
- 7.5 MW natural gas combined heat and power scheme - Humberside UK
- 4 MW natural gas combined heat and power scheme for a gas processing plant - UK
- 300 MW biomass combined heat and power scheme - Teesside UK
- 4.5 MW district heating and cooling scheme - East Yorkshire UK
- Turbine rotor cooling air system modifications
- Turbine compressor rotor coating
- HRSG studies to allow sliding pressure operation
- LP steam system modifications to reduce venting
- Provision of bespoke software tools to identify efficiency shortfalls to the operations team
- Reduction of gas turbine fuel factors for operation on blended fuels
- HRSG boiler life and flexibility modifications
- Installation of a biodiesel washing and filtration system
- Creation of px datalink (bespoke website to allow client access to plant data)
- Effluent water minimisation project
- Automated reporting systems